Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 8 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 2 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:01 pm 
Site Admin

After I let the sites go down, I won't be able to contact you all to let you know if I've started another project in the future. But if I ever do, I'll post it in a video pointing where to go. This part of my life has been with me since around 2004, when I got involved in Counter-Strike gaming. I became an admin running forums and putting up an website and running game servers. Ever since then, I've had something going on. As a matter of fact, just about a month ago I started working another website. But there it sits unfinished. It's just baiting me to put time into it. And back when Sen. Bernie Sanders was running for president, I started a political website for 3rd parties. But that just sits there needing a TON of time and devotion. In a decade I will be really close to retirement. My son is getting married this month and life isn't getting any easier as I grow older. One of my favorite quotes from a Star Trek movie is, "Aren't you beginning to feel time gaining on you? It's like a predator. It's stalking you. Oh, you can try and outrun it with doctors, medicines, new technologies, but in the end, time is going to hunt you down and make the kill." I usually just quote it as, "Time is the enemy that stalks you." I need to take this to heart and look where I'm spending my days, because I probably have less ahead than behind.

I've gotten back into gaming....for fun and I'm going to take it very casual. I've been exercising more, lost 14 lbs this year....so far. I'm getting my yard in shape. Just bought a new truck. And I will soon only have 1 kid (now 20!) living at home. And wife are are looking forward to the day when we can work part time and really enjoy some time together.

The cost for the web hosting, I thought was $10.99, but today they say it's more $15.99 month is what I've been paying. That adds up and I can think of more fun things to do with that money than just having a website and forums up.

I put up the forums/website for all of us to connect and meet new hunters in this hobby. I hope some of you have made new friends. I know I have a handful of you on my contact list. It's been fun and a pleasure. I'm not quitting detecting, just taking a different turn in life. And the detector is going with me. ;)

Take care all. Be well and happy!! Happy hunting to all.

Paul

"It doesn't have to be a perfect number, just the right tone."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:00 am 
Pulltab Collector

I'll be sorry to see it go. Been an active prowler since I heard about MDO a couple of years ago and registered. I understand about life moving on.

Many thanks for hosting the site Paul, it has been fun, along with educational. I appreciate it.

Art

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 2 posts ]